Wedding OfficiatingWeaving wedding experiences that celebrate all you are
Wedding OfficiatingWeaving wedding experiences that celebrate all you are
Be supported and celebrated in your journey toward your wedding day.
Choose a wedding that feels like you. In your own words about each other, God/dess, marriage, spirituality and tradition. An experience that holds you and welcomes your family and community as they celebrate the next step on your journey together.
Co-creating wedding ceremonies that are woven with the values of both of you
For interfaith, LGBTQ+, Jewish and
folks of all backgrounds who want a customized, non-traditional spiritual ceremony
I might be your ideal wedding officiant if:
- you’re looking for a Jewish officiant for your interfaith wedding who wants the partners to be fully involved and present in your co-created ceremony, without leaving any part of you behind.
- you’re Queer or Polyamorous and want an officiant who can relate and weave a ceremony with all the right pronouns and nuance for your unique partnership
- you want a ceremony that you and everyone you invite will recognize as uniquely you, beautiful, meaningful, relevant, and joyful.
- you want a wedding ceremony that your bubbe and your partner’s Atheist/Christian/Sikh/Finnish (etc.) dad will love and feel proud to be a part of.
- you want an officiant who is interested in your whole selves, families, work and home lives, understanding that this journey is a holistic one.
- You want an officiant who doesn’t want you to settle for what you think “should” be done.
- The ceremony is the most important part of your wedding day to you.
Make your wedding the meaningful and memorable experience you want it to be.
I am Annie Matan.
The ring ceremony was so beautiful
The ring ceremony was so beautiful! It continues to be the part of the wedding that almost every guest remarks on when they talk to us about their experience.
Just today, our friend said it was incredibly participatory and meaningful for her. She said she knew it was special right from the very beginning when you brought people together for the toast through song.
We also loved the ceremony and appreciate all the care and attention to detail that you worked into each part of it.
Most memorable experience of our lives
I wanted to say thank you for what was truly one of the most memorable experiences of our lives. I am so grateful that you officiated our spiritual Union and it should be mentioned that we heard from so many people that is was the most moving ceremony they have ever seen and they were loving how personal it was to Sam and I.
Such glorious integrity and conscious attention
Thank you for making our wedding such an exceptionally meaningful and beautiful, tender and fine, vulnerable and strong experience.
The time we spent together leading up to the wedding was significant in the best ways, and we felt held and supported by you on the day.
Thank you for joining us with such glorious integrity and conscious attention.
Thank you for joining the circle of our life. Looking forward to more joyous gatherings!
Annie is a gifted community leader and wedding officiant
She worked with us to craft an incredibly special and sacred wedding ceremony. She spent time getting to know us individually and as a couple so that she could tailor the ceremony to us and to our families and make it exactly what we wanted to have. She helped us decide what traditions were important for us to keep and in what ways we could make the ceremony our own. She helped make it an extremely enjoyable and memorable experience for us and our guests.
Annie has a beautiful, soulful voice and a wonderful grounded presence. She projects love, openness and authenticity. She checked in with us on every aspect of our ceremony to make sure we would be comfortable—what she would say, what language and translations she would use, how she could support us, and what kind of participation we wanted from friends and family. We could not be happier with the final result. Multiple guests told us afterward that it was the most meaningful wedding they had ever attended, and we thank Annie for working with us and going above and beyond in facilitating our wedding.
In Toronto: $555.00 plus transportation
In Toronto: $2222.00 plus transportation
Out of town: $4444.00 plus travel expenses
Standard Wedding Journey
- Co-creation process with email support and meetings in person, by zoom or by phone:
- one session with partners for beginning the journey*
- online wedding questionnaire
- guidance for applying for marriage license
- ceremony co-creation session (up to 90 minutes)**
- shared google doc for ceremony co-creation. (Final changes to the ceremony must be received by Annie 48 hours in advance of the ceremony. Late charge fee of $222 will be required for last-minute changes.)
- final check-in meeting in the last 2 weeks before the wedding day (up to 90 minutes)*
- facilitation of customized spiritual wedding ceremony (max 1 hour or $222.00 per hour for each additional hour or portion thereof and must be prearranged)
- legal signing
- Submission of signed documents
- A printed copy of the wedding ceremony
Customized Wedding Journey
- includes all of the above plus:
- 90-minute interviews – one with each partner to get to know language and beliefs about marriage, spirituality, and each other (instead of the questionnaire) *
- An additional 60-minute ceremony co-creation session with the partners*
- Up to 3 additional check-ins as needed*
- Spiritual Guidance check-ins for support through the journey towards marriage as well as other life transitions (e.g. new job, moving, new baby, family dynamics and more. Individually or together.) *
- “First Look” or Bedekin ceremony on the wedding day (or other ritual support to a max of 3 hours total of officiating or $222.00 per each additional hour or portion thereof and must be prearranged)
- Vendors and resource recommendations for the wedding and marriage preparation
Your Investment: $2222
Payment plans available.
Personal Priestess Wedding Journey
includes everything in the Customized Wedding Journey plus a selection of:
- Co-creation or editing of spiritual marriage contract (Ketubah)
- 2 ceremony co-creation and coordination sessions with civil or spiritual co-officiants (if applicable)
- Text for programme book/explanation of Jewish customs
- Calls with family members (as needed)
- Additional planning calls with wedding vendors
Investment: Call for details
*Until further notice, all meetings are taking place on Zoom or by phone.
**All additional meetings: $222.00 per hour payable at the time of the meeting.
If you’d like to explore co-creating a deeply meaningful, inclusive and uplifiting ceremony with me, we begin with a conversation. Let’s talk.
Click the button below to schedule a call with me to see if working together is a fit.
My daughter was married in a blended ceremony of the Jewish and Christian traditions, with Annie Matan as our Jewish officiant. I think this was probably the most meaningful, moving, inclusive, uplifting ceremony that I have ever witnessed.
Indeed people of both faiths at the wedding kept remarking over and over just how unusual and wonderful it was.
On the simplest level, Annie respected and brought to life fully the wishes of my daughter and son-in-law. But more than that, she made a packed room feel like an intimate gathering: filling the room with the spirits of beloved father and grandparents who had passed away; encouraging guests to share openly the love and good wishes they felt for the couple; gently explaining Jewish tradition to those not of the Jewish faith; showing those of the Jewish faith how our old traditions can be revised and renewed to be relevant in our own time and place; making people feel so at home with her beautiful singing that we, too, joined in joyously and lovingly.
Annie’s fresh approach brought both humour and weight to the ceremony. She cared deeply, not only to express the richness and emotion of the Jewish tradition but also to work hand-in-glove with the Christian officiant to celebrate and officiate as a team – honouring each other’s role and the religions of both families.
The next day my daughter and son-in-law told me that the ceremony was better than either of them had ever imagined. I have been to a few weddings in my time, as had most everyone at the wedding, and we all agreed, this was very special. I cannot recommend Annie highly enough.
Connect with me here
Join my email list. I'd love to share with you.