I am Annie Matan.
I am a licensed, professional Officiant with the Centre for Spiritual Living and a Kohenet Hebrew Priestess with 12 years of experience officiating spiritual weddings for interfaith, LGBTQ+, Jewish, Polyamorous, and otherwise out-of-the-box folks.
I bring my extensive database of traditional and creative liturgy, songs, writings and ritual tools to tailor your wedding to your unique relationship and personalities.
I am passionate about supporting families through the journey of preparing for marriage as well as planning a ceremony.
As a non-rabbi Jewish Spiritual Leader in the Toronto community, I can serve interfaith couples with ease and joy to have a wedding ceremony that is woven with the values of those getting married and your families.
I might be your ideal wedding officiant if:
- you’re getting married in Toronto.
- you’re looking for a Jewish officiant for your interfaith wedding who wants the partners to be fully involved and present in your co-created ceremony, without leaving any part of you behind.
- you’re Queer or Polyamorous and want an officiant who can relate and weave a ceremony with all the right pronouns and nuance for your unique partnership.
- you want a ceremony that you and everyone you invite will recognize as uniquely you, beautiful, meaningful, relevant, and joyful.
- you want a wedding ceremony that your bubbe and your partner’s Atheist/Christian/Sikh/Finnish (etc.) dad will love and feel proud to be a part of.
- you want an officiant who is interested in your whole selves, families, work and home lives, understanding that this journey is a holistic one.
- you want an officiant who doesn’t want you to settle for what you think “should” be done.
- the ceremony is the most important part of your wedding day to you.
Connect with me here
Join my email list. I'd love to share with you.